25 rooms available – 10 (2 queen) – 15 (1 king), October 3-6
KU rate: $125.00 (Sunday-Thursday) – $179.00 (Friday & Saturday)
The last day to book rooms within the allocation will be September 9, 2018.
To reserve a room please call the reservations department Monday-Friday, 8:30am-6:00pm; Saturday: 10am-5pm; Sunday: 10am-3pm CST. Refer to KU Digital Frontiers Conference when making the reservation.
(Adjacent to campus–closest hotel to the Burge Union.)
15 rooms available – 15 (Studio King), October 3-6
KU rate: $115.00 per night
The last day to book rooms within the allocation will be September 14, 2018
To reserve a room please call the hotel at 1-785-842-8800. Refer to KU Digital Research when making the reservation.
(Downtown location, convenient bus to campus or pleasant walk – 20 minutes, uphill – to campus)
25 rooms available – 20 (2 Queen) – 5 (1 King), October 3-7
KU rate: $65.00 weekdays and $75.00 weekends.
The last day to book rooms within the allocation will be September 19, 2018.
Guests are able to book rooms by either calling the hotel directly or by clicking this link. Refer to Digital Frontiers Conference at KU when making the reservation.
(In more of a commercial area, on bus line (but more convenient with car), 30 minutes by foot)
All lodging, dining, and transportation resources are for informational purposes only and are shared without endorsement or recommendation.
Alternative Lodging Resources
Feel free to use our Facebook Group to coordinate contacts for room shares and other logistics (requires Facebook login).
Lawrence City Information
- General safety information: https://lawrenceks.org/fire-medical/safety_tips/
- Emergencies: +1 911
- Non-emergencies: +1 (785) 830-7400
University of Kansas Information
- General safety information: https://publicsafety.ku.edu/
- Campus alerts: http://alerts.ku.edu/
- Severe weather information: https://alerts.drupal.ku.edu/weather-emergencies#severethunderstorm
- Emergencies: +1 911
- Non-emergencies: +1 (785) 864-5900
City and Campus Bus Service
- Lawrence transit routes & schedules: http://lawrencetransit.org/
- KU on Wheels: http://kuonwheels.ku.edu/
- Lawrence Transit app: http://lawrencetransit.org/mobile-tools
- Hourly-rate parking is available within two blocks of the Burge Union and free and hourly-rate parking is available near the Kansas Union and The Oread hotel. The Allen Fieldhouse Garage is the closest parking to the Burge Union and charges an hourly rate of $1.75 for the first hour and $1.50 for each subsequent hour. The KU Parking Map (PDF) includes color codes for parking all over campus. KU Parking & Transit offers the most current information as well as KU parking regulations.
- For the Saturday workshops at the Lawrence Public Library, parking is available at the Vermont Street Parking Garage, 727 Vermont St, directly south of the Library. The top level is 10-hour free parking. Level 3 is 10-hour pass or $1.00 per day. Levels 1 and 2 are two-hour free parking. Red signs indicate two-hour free parking. Blue signs indicate 10-hour pass or $1.00 per day. Pay stations are located at each stairwell on Level 1. More information about parking options in downtown Lawrence can be found at the City of Lawrence website.
Kansas City International Airport (MCI) is the closest major airport to Lawrence, Kansas. Travel time between MCI and Lawrence is approximately 50 minutes by car or shuttle. View a map of the route. In addition to the information included below, MCI maintains a Ground Transportation page that may prove helpful.
When departing the conference, follow your airline’s recommendations for arrival time before your flight. In general, plan to arrive at the airport at least 1.5 hours prior to a domestic flight.
A complete listing of rental car services is maintained by Kansas City International Airport.
Shuttle services at Kansas City International Airport strongly recommend advance reservations. Some charge per person, others charge per trip. Coordinating with other travelers may yield savings. The table below lists contact information for several transportation companies. All have door to door service to Lawrence hotels. Fares are one-way and are subject to change. The first two services, in green, are regularly used by the Institute for Digital Research in the Humanities and we can recommend them.
|BATS (Better Alternative Transportation Service)||(913) 634-5484||$90/car
|5 Guys Transportation||816-891-9999||$100||$47
*limited dropoff/pickup locations
|Ground Transportation Services, LLC||888-467-3729||$60/person||$95||1-3||Shuttle|
|SDM||785-979-2428||$75/$145 roundtrip||$75/$145 roundtrip||1-3||Private|
*$3 fee for making reservations via phone.
|Abe’s Transportation, LLC.||816-349-5393||$112/car
|$304 for a van full||3-6||Private|
Due to the distance between MCI and Lawrence, this option is quite expensive. With that caveat, Kansas City International Airport provides directions for obtaining taxi service and current rates.
- Lawrence Restaurants (Use the drop-down menu to find specific dining options)